Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, productivity, training, and management.
Here’s a list of recent tweets about global management that were frequently retweeted:
- At the end of each virtual meeting, conduct a debriefing discussion. Ask the participants how they could collaborate more effectively.
- Factors that make a difference in the global workplace: age, profession, language, religion, race, income, and education.
- Apologize whenever you realize that you have committed a cultural faux pas. Move on after you make a quick, clear, and sincere apology.
- Ask about popular indoor game played by people in the other country. Learn this game and don’t be afraid to lose.
- Avoid empty promises. People from other countries take polite pleasantries such as “See you soon” seriously.
- Avoid sports metaphors. Slam dunk and home run are as confusing as right-arm leg spin and off break.