Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, and management.
Here are some recent pieces of advice about building trust that were re-tweeted frequently:
- Relatedness builds trust: Discover and discuss similarities between your family life and that of the other person.
- Genuinely care for others. Listen to their grievances, problems, hardships, and complaints. Do something to help and support them.
- Generally, differences are easy to spot and similarities are difficult to discover. Invest the time to discover and celebrate similarities.
- Demonstrate that you have the other person's interest at heart. Find out what this person wants and provide it.
- Selflessness builds trust: Be a speaker for inarticulate people. Champion the cause of the less fortunate.
- Don’t be afraid to say, “I don’t know”. Then, rapidly close the gaps in your knowledge.
- Authenticity builds trust: Be spontaneous. Don’t follow a script. Don't play a role. Don’t spin. Don’t wear a mask.
- Win trust by consoling your friend when he or she shares bad news. Also by celebrating with your friend when he or she shares good news.