Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, productivity, training, and management.
Here are some recent tweets (about improving emotional intelligence) that were frequently retweeted:
- Settle for “good-enough” instead of perfection. Stop criticizing yourself for not being the best all the time.
- Celebrate your successes. Feel happy and express your happiness.
- Observe and imitate positive people. Replicate their behaviors in handling adverse situations.
- Learn to label your emotions in an accurate and more nuanced fashion. Expand your thesaurus of emotion words.
- When someone is feeling an intense emotion, demonstrate empathy by sharing your experiences in similar situations.
- How you communicate reflects how you feel. How you say something is more important than what you say.
- Listen empathically to the feelings incorporated in the other person’s statement. Listen for emotions in additions to ideas.