Thiagi’s Tweets: Presentation Skills
Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, productivity, training, and management.
Here are some recent tweets about presentation skills:
- Invite questions and answer them. Leave time for a Q & A session. Better yet, replace your entire presentation with a Q & A session.
- Have passion for your topic. Display this passion and conviction during your presentation.
- Have a conversation during your presentation. Avoid jargon. Use plain, friendly, informal language.
- During your presentation, give demonstrations. Keep them short, simple, and dramatic.
- Get into the presentation topic directly. Don't recite your credentials. Let your content gain you credibility.
- Focus on your primary message: What is the question that matters the most to your audience?
- Focus on the primary purpose. Decide if you want to inform, instruct, involve, or influence your audience.