Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, productivity, training, and management.
Here’s a list of recent tweets about facilitation skills that were frequently retweeted:
- To prevent aggressive participants from dominating the discussion, give everyone three tokens, each worth 2 minutes of talking time.
- The success of your facilitation is not indicated by achieving the “correct” result but by adhering to a disciplined approach.
- When planning your facilitation session, use your left brain. When implementing this plan, use your right brain.
- Be a flexible facilitator. Shift between being playful and being serious.
- Refusal to participate signals participants’ distrust in the activity. Redirect the session to identify the causes for nonparticipation.