Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, productivity, training, and management.
Here’s a list of tweets about presentation techniques that were frequently retweeted:
- During a presentation, use images. Replace the text in your slides with pictures and photographs.
- Sequence your content. Select a logical way to organize your presentation. Provide a roadmap to this structure.
- Select a room of a suitable size. A small room with too many participants is better than a large room with too many empty seats.
- Focus on the primary purpose. Decide if you want to inform, instruct, involve, or influence your audience.
- Exaggerate your gestures and facial expression. Be more expressive than you would during a normal conversation.
- Don’t read when you are making a presentation. Don’t read the text from a handout or the text displayed on the screen.
- During your presentations, don’t just tell stories. Act them out. Take on the roles of different characters in your stories.