Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, and management.
Here are some recent pieces of advice about teamwork that were re-tweeted frequently:
- Ask each team member about his or her strengths and preferences. Craft the member’s role based on this information.
- Ensure that team members provide frequent feedback to each other. Learn to give and to receive both positive and constructive feedback.
- Highly recommended norm for a team’s behavior: Involve every team member in every team activity or decision.
- In some situations, healthy competition among teams is good. In some situations, cross-team collaboration is better--even essential.
- Every team should have some of its members focusing on the team’s vision and goals.
- If all team members have the same values, assumptions, perceptions, and expertise, the team will not come up with breakthrough ideas