Did you read about the Chat game in the article on Microtraining?
Here’s a piece of micro-content from a training session on rapid instructional design. This is a practical guideline:
Develop a packet of effective job aids. Then, create a training package that teaches the participants to use these job aids.
Let’s play Chat on this web page. Let’s discuss different aspects of this guideline. Write whatever thoughts and reactions that pop into your mind as you reflect on this guideline. Use the COMMENTS section below.
Come back to the COMMENTS section frequently and add more comments. Read other people’s comments and type your responses.
If you run out of steam or if you need some prompting, here are a few discussion questions. Respond to any or all of these questions.
- How would you explain this guideline in your own words?
- How would explain this guideline to a 7-year old?
- How would you motivate someone to use this guideline?
- What personal examples do you have of using this guideline?
- Among your colleagues and friends, who are already using this guideline?
- What could be the advantages of using this guideline?
- What could be some dangers in applying this guideline on your job?