Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on HR topics such as coaching, creativity, customer service, feedback, leadership, listening skills and management.
Here are some recent pieces of advice that were re-tweeted frequently:
- Present the big picture to the employee and explain how his or her job tasks fit into the overall business strategy.
- Use objective performance measures when giving feedback. Otherwise, you may be perceived as controlling or manipulative.
- Relatedness builds trust: Find out the groups to which both of you belong. Talk about these common connections.
- Authenticity builds trust: Express your feelings and emotions. Don’t hide them behind enigmatic or counterfeit expressions.
- You cannot directly make an employee become intrinsically motivated. But you can engineer the environment to increase the probability.
- Involve all team members in all key decisions. Whenever this is not possible, honestly and clearly explain how you made the decision.
Follow Thiagi on twitter. If you don’t have a Twitter account, it is easy to sign up for a free one at twitter.com.