Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on HR topics such as coaching, creativity, customer service, feedback, leadership, listening skills, and management.
Here are some recent pieces of advice that were retweeted frequently:
- Foster autonomy and collaboration on the job. An increase in these two factors will result in an increase in motivation.
- Encourage the employees to think about the benefits of completing a task instead of thinking of a prize or reward.
- Facilitate your employees to discover the answer rather than dictating it. The employees will feel more ownership.
- If you want to motivate people, tell them what to do. (Don’t tell them what not to do [as I am doing now].)
- Discourage employees from seeking your approval. You want them to complete the task for personal satisfaction and not for your praise.
- Create a playful work environment. When people are playing, they don’t feel incompetent.
Follow Thiagi on twitter. If you don’t have a Twitter account, it is easy to sign up for a free one at twitter.com.