Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, productivity, training, and management.
Here’s a list of recent tweets about training techniques that were frequently retweeted:
- Training goes beyond the scheduled session. Before the session, use pre-work activities. After, evaluate your participants.
- Keep in touch with the managers of your participants. Ask for help in preparing, motivating, supporting, and coaching the participants.
- Frequently vary the interaction pattern: Require participants to work alone, with partners, and in teams.
- Encourage collaborative learning. Let the participants work with each other. But emphasize the need for individual mastery.
- If your slides contain complete sentences, participants will read for themselves. Limit your slides to key words and phrases.
- Encourage the participants to share examples, challenges, questions, plans, and ideas that are relevant to the training objective.
- Filling out evaluation forms after your session is anticlimactic. Instead, ask the participants to send email feedback the ensuing week.