Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, productivity, training, and management.
Here’s a list of recent tweets about leadership strategies that were frequently retweeted:
- Communicate your vision to everyone through brief, heartfelt stories using powerful language and sensory images. Enlist their commitment to achieving this vision.
- Be prepared for changes in your team, among your followers, and in political and economic conditions. Train everyone to expect and accept frequent change.
- Be patient, persistent, and resilient. Avoid surrendering after each minor setback. Don’t settle for immediate gratification. Remember you are running a marathon, not a sprint.
- Be inclusive. Make sure that all your associates, stakeholders, and followers have easy access to you. Listen to everyone with the same level of respect.
- Be brave. Face unpleasant realities without flinching. Don’t be afraid to conduct difficult conversations and to confront irresponsible employees.
- Be a follower. Grow other leaders in your team. Listen to the inputs of your associates and implement them. Empower others to lead you in areas of their strength.
- If you have high authority, focus on getting results. If you have low authority, focus on establishing relationships.