Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on different topics such as facilitation, listening skills, communication, leadership, productivity, training, and management.
Here’s a list of recent tweets about increasing emotional intelligence that were frequently retweeted:
- Celebrate your successes. Feel happy and express your happiness.
- Create a future scenario. Predict how you would feel. Choose to feel in a different way.
- Don’t be afraid of feedback. Don’t react impulsively and defensively. Just say, “Thank you,” and take time to think about it later.
- Increase your vocabulary of emotion words. Label your feelings accurately.
- Observe and imitate positive people. Replicate their behaviors in handling adverse situations.
- Settle for “good-enough” instead of perfection. Stop criticizing yourself for not being the best all the time.
- When someone is feeling an intense emotion, demonstrate empathy by sharing your experiences in similar situations