Question (8 words)
Aahtw ceenrssu ceeeffittv aegiilnnr fmorv ai agiinnrtt einosssy?
Answer (8 letters)
We wrote a question and added a letter to each word. Then we scrambled the letters of each word and the extra letters.
To find the first word in the question, unscramble the first set of letters. Cross out the extra letter and write it in the blank line below the answer. Continue with each set of letters in the question, writing the extra letters in the blank for the answer, one letter at a time.
Once you have unscrambled all words and filled in all blanks, you should be able to read the question and the answer.
Create Your Own Puzzle
You can use this type of puzzle as a review or follow-up exercise in your training session. Here’s how you create the puzzle.
1. Type a question and the answer. Select a question that lends itself to a fairly short answer.
What motivates people? Mastery.
2. Here’s the tricky part: Rewrite the question so that the number of words in it is the same as the number of letters in the answer. Type the rewritten question and the answer.
WHAT IS ONE FACTOR THAT MOTIVATES PEOPLE? MASTERY.
3. Add the first letter of the answer to the first word of the question, the second letter to the second word, and so on.
WHATM ISA ONES FACTORT THATE MOTIVATESR PEOPLEY?
4. Arrange the letters of each word in the question (along with the extra letter) in alphabetical order.
AHMTW AIS ENOS ACFORTT AEHTT AEIMORSTTV EELOPPY?
5. Your puzzle is now ready. Add appropriate instructions at the top of the puzzle.
6. Post your puzzle in the Comments section below. Let me see if you can stump me.