Every day, Thiagi tweets ready-to-use pieces of practical advice on performance-improvement topics such as coaching, creativity, customer service, feedback, leadership, listening skills, and management.
Here are some recent pieces of advice about evaluation that were re-tweeted frequently:
- Instead of observing someone’s performance, count and rate the products of these performances.
- Written tests frequently end up testing people’s ability to describe and explain rather than to perform.
- Remember, evaluation never comes to an end. Continue evaluating and improving the performance-intervention package forever and ever.
- During evaluation, the purpose of expert review is to discover technical quality errors that the end users could not detect.
- During evaluation, ask an appreciative-inquiry question: What are we doing right and how can we do more of it?