How To Use Faster, Cheaper, and Better Techniques To Design Effective, Efficient, and Engaging Training
Twenty years ago, Thiagi went cold turkey and quit using his grandparents’ ADDIE instructional-design model. Rather than just attacking the traditional model, he came up with an alternative that combines best practices from design thinking, creativity process, improv techniques, agile methodology, and cognitive sciences. His associates and hundreds of workshop participants have used this approach to design corporate training materials in a faster and cheaper fashion to produce more effective application to the workplace. In this walk-the-talk, webinar-based program, learn how to design effective, efficient, and engaging learning packages that produce business results and professional growth.
Each webinar will be highly interactive, and participants will receive a library packet with support materials, templates, game protocols, and more. The webinars will all be recorded for easy access after each session. And, the instructors will be available for help at all times (except sleep hours).
- Webinar IV: Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:00 pm EDT (Just Matt)
- Webinar V: Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:00 pm EDT
- Webinar VI: Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:00 pm EDT
- Webinar I: Thursday, August 2, 2018 1:00 pm EDT
- Webinar II: Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:00 pm EDT
- Webinar III: Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:00 pm EDT (Just Matt)
Who Will Benefit from this Workshop?
- Instructional Designers
- Performance Consultants
How Will you Benefit from this Workshop?
After completing this workshop and the follow-up activities, you will rapidly and inexpensively design performance-based training materials that effectively and consistently produce measurable business results.
- Regular Price = $549
- Buy Today and Pay Only $500
- (Includes all webinars, all additional resources and guides, and the certification)
Certification of Competency
This is not simply a “Certificate of Completion” program. In order to receive a “Certificate of Competency,” you will have to undergo a final performance test—just like we profess in this program. We will provide you with a choice of program topics, and you will have an hour to design (create an outline) for a one-day, instructor-led course. We will grade it using the criteria from this course, and if you pass, you earn The Thiagi RRID Certificate.
Certification means you are qualified to design training using the Thiagi Rapid Instructional Design process. You can publicize you are certified in this way. You are not certified to teach others to use the methodology or resell this course's materials.
Specific Topics for Each Module
MODULE I: THE PRINCIPLES OF RRID
- What is RRID and why bother?
- Explore the ten Principles that guide the Thiagi process
- Deconstruct a training activity and use the template to immediately design your own activities
MODULE II: THE PROCESS
- Explore the step-by-step process for rapidly designing training
- Use templates to create your high-level and detailed designs
- Connect how the RRID Principles support and guide the Principles
MODULE III: ACTIVITIES
- Types of activities
- How to choose which activities
- How to modify activities
- Scaling for size
- Explore Thiagi’s library of activities
MODULE IV: CONTENT
- Content is everywhere… use what’s available
- Types of content
- How to leverage content
- How to focus on activities while using content to support them
- How to streamline content by focusing on objectives
MODULE V: EVALUATION
- How to evaluate
- When to evaluate
- What to evaluate
- Why evaluate
MODULE VI: FINAL PERFORMANCE TEST
- Receive one of six topical options and design a high-level course outline within a timed period (one-hour)
- Using criteria provided, grade your design
- Receive instructor and peer feedback
This Workshop Is Designed and Delivered by Thiagi and Matt.
Thiagi (aka Dr. Sivasailam Thiagarajan) has been designing and delivering training for the past 40 years since the early days of programmed instruction. He has also written over 50 books on the subject. Matt (President of The Thiagi Group) was trained by Thiagi over 20 years ago and has been designing and working with him ever since. International authorities on performance improvement, they have produced award-winning training materials for various corporations and nonprofit organizations around the world. Specializing in interactive techniques for training, they have designed hundreds of training activities, keynoted at several training conferences, and conducted training workshops around the world.