The popular webinar and eLearning series, Management Essentials is back. There will be six webinars, one a week, one hour each beginning September 8, 2016 at 1:00 pm EDT. Each webinar will directly associate with an eLearning module using our proprietary 4-Door™ eLearning approach containing materials, additional resources, playground activities that reinforce the webinar content, a café containing a mini-case and discussions, and an application exercise in the assessment center.
After completing the webinars and application activities, you will be able to apply five essential tools to your everyday management: using feedback, creating a motivating environment, evaluating performance supportively, applying three financial metrics to your management success, and facilitating communication through effective questions.
What Do You Get?
In addition to the performance outcome, you will receive the following:
- Exclusive access to job aids, reference materials, podcasts, and more related to each webinar through a corollary eLearning program.
- Follow-up access to the instructor for coaching on applying the content to your specific role if needed.
- A Certificate of Completion from The Thiagi Group.
Two Easy Ways to Register
- Call 812-332-1478.
- Click here and register via our online store.
What Does It Cost?
The usual price is $299. Sign up now for early bird price of only $249.
When Is It?
- Webinar I: Thursday, September 8, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT
- Webinar II: Thursday, September 15, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT
- Webinar III: Thursday, September 22, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT
- Webinar IV: Thursday, September 29, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT
- Webinar V: Thursday, October 6, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT
- Webinar VI: Thursday, October 13, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT
Management Essentials Topics:
What Is Practical Management
- Identify the roles, responsibilities, and duties most managers have.
- Customize a scorecard for evaluating your own managerial success.
- Apply the single most important management principle to all your decisions and interactions with team members.
Facilitating Communication Through Effective Questions
- Identify the benefits and value of asking effective questions
- Use four question types to facilitate various managerial conversations you have with team members.
- Use questions strategically to achieve different, and intentional, results.
The Financial Side to Management
- Identify the three financial metrics all managers should strive to improve—even if you do not have financial responsibilities!
- Strategize how to track and improve those three bottom lines.
- Define the different types of feedback.
- Identify when to deliver feedback.
- Discover the advantages and disadvantages of giving feedback.
- Deliver structured and organized feedback when necessary.
Creating a Motivating Environment
- Explore the differences and potential outcomes of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
- Distinguish between the three different needs all people have that affect our motivation
- Identify the impact rewards have on motivation and performance
- Apply proven strategies for creating motivating environments
Evaluating Performance Supportively
- Set effective performance goals.
- Measure performance against those goals.
- Conduct performance analysis when outcomes aren’t where you want them to be.
This Series Is Designed by Thiagi and Matt (and Matt Delivers It)
Matt (Matthew Richter, President of The Thiagi Group) was trained by Thiagi 20 years ago and has been designing and working with him ever since. He is an international authority on performance improvement, and has produced award-winning training materials for various corporations and nonprofit organizations around the world. He specializes in interactive techniques for training, has designed hundreds of training activities, keynoted at several training conferences, and conducted training workshops around the world.